Judicial Service Exam 2021 Grade I
New Delhi :- The Gauhati High Court (Gauhati High Court) has published a recruitment notification 03/05/2021. The notification is for the recruitment of Assam Judicial Service Exam 2021 Grade I. You are a law graduate. You have the opportunity to apply. Law graduates applying are advised that before applying should read the notification given below.
- 1. Online applications are invited till 5,00 PM of 24/05/2021 from the practicing Advocates for appointment in 12 (twelve) vacant posts (unreserved) in Grade-I of Assam Judicial Service in the scale of pay of Rs. 51,550-1,230-58,930-1380-63,0701– per month plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
1 Submission of online application starts from 06/05/2021, 12:00 NOON
2 Last date for submission of online application 24/05/2021, 5:00 PM
3 Last date for payment of fees 27/05/2021,Till bank transaction hours
- sc/sr -Rs.250/-
- PWD (locomotor disability) Nil [ Candidates claiming relaxation as PWD (locomotor disability) are required to
submit the certificate of disability in the format as enclosed with this advertisement
at appropriate stage. Upper age limit for prescind with disabilities (PWD) shall be relax able by 10 (ten) years (15years for SC/ST candidates).]
3. All others Rs.500/-
2. Eligible Criteria:
(I). Must be holder of Degree in Law from a recognized University.
(ii). Must be practicing as an Advocate in Courts of Civil and Criminal jurisdiction on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and must have been so practicing for a period of not less than 7 (seven) years as on such date.
(iii). Must have attained the age of 35 (thirty five) years and must not have attained the age of age (eight) years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes and 45 (forty five) years in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
3. A candidate must be a citizen of India as defined in Articles 5 & 6 of the Constitution
4. Detail scrutiny of the applications will be made after the declaration of the result of the final written examination. Hence the candidature of the applicants will be subject to furnishing true & correct information against the fields indicated in the online application form and fulfillment of the criteria mentioned in the advertisement. Suppression of any material facts and submission of any false documents will be entirely at the peril of the candidate.
A. The Competitive Examination shall consist of a Preliminary Examination (Screening Test), a Main (Written) Examination and a Viva Voce/Interview.
B. Those candidates who will secure 60% or more marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be eligible for appearing in the Main Examination: Provided that the ratio on the basis of which the candidates will be called for the Main (Written) Examination shall be 1:10. (for one post 10 candidates will be called).
C. All candidates who obtain 60% or more aggregate marks in the Main Written Examination subject to securing at least 45% marks in individual Paper-I, II & IlI and minimum 35% marks in the Official Language Paper (Paper- IV) shall be eligible for Viva Voce.
D. The marks secured in the language paper shall be qualifying in nature and shall not be counted in the aggregate marks secured by the candidates in the examination for the purpose of final selection. The ratio in which the candidates will be called for viva voce/interview is 1:3 (3 candidates against 1 post) subject to marks obtained as stated above.
Interview/Viva Voce: 50 Marks. The candidates shall have to secure minimum 600/o marks in the interview. The final evaluation will be in order of merit subject to overall suitability of the candidate.
(Syllabuses of Preliminary and Main Examinations are attached with the advertisement)
6. The candidates shall have to appear in the written examinations / interview at their own expenses as and when called for.
7. Application submitted in any other mode, except online mode through www.ghconline,gov,in shall be summarily rejected.
8. HOW TO APPLY: Candidates who fulfill the requisite criteria can submit their online application forms, by following the steps indicated below, through the home page of the website www.ghconline,gov.in wherein a scroll under the caption “Click here to apply” will be available:
SYLLABUS OF ASSAM JUDICIAL SERVICE GRADE.I EXAMINATION
Preliminary Examination (Screening test) shall consist of objective type questions of 100 marks, out of which 90 marks will cover General Knowledge, Aptitude, English, Constitution of India, Code of Civil Procedure, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Penal Code, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Evidence Act, Limitation Act, Legal Theories of Jurisprudence, Arbitration & Conciliation Act, Indian Contract Act, Family Law, Specific Relief Act, Motor Vehicle Act, Industrial & Labour Law, Land Acquisition Act, Law Relating to Trust, Indian Registration Act, Court Fees Act, and remaining 10 marks to test the proficiency in the Official Language(s) of the State of Assam.
MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION
i) PAPER-I: One Paper of 100 marks (duration not less than 2 hours) to test the General knowledge, aptitude, intelligence, test of comprehension and expression of law and General English including Essay writing on legal topic and information technology.
ii) PAPER-II: One Paper of 100 marks (duration not less than 2 hours) regarding objective questions and problems of law as regards the Transfer of Property Act, Civil Procedure Code, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Evidence Act, Indian Penal Code and Limitation Act.
iii) PAPER-III: One paper of 100 marks (duration not less than 2 hours) – consisting of Judgment writing (Paper Book will be supplied), Legal theories on Jurisprudence, provision of Constitution of India.
iv) PAPER-IV: One paper of 50 marks (duration not less than t hour) to test the proficiency of the candidates in official language(s) of the State of Assam (Assamese).
NOTE: – The candidate is expected to refer to the relevant decisions of the Apex Court and the High Court while writing answers in paper II and III.
Interview/ Viva-Voce:- 50 marks.
Apply Online :- Click Here
Official Website :- Click Here