New Delhi :- Applications are invited from Indian nationals to work as Law Research Associate in NCLT purely on contractual assignment possessing the following essential qualifications:
- Law Graduates fresh or experienced who have passed final year L.L.B examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized university.
- The candidate must be enrolled with any Bar Council.
III. The age of the candidate shall not be above 30 years as on las date of receipt of applications, i.e. on 01/11/2021;
- The candidate must have knowledge of computer operation including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processors such as Manupatra, SCC Online, etc.
- Selection will be made for filling up the existing and/or future vacancies in NCLT Benches at the various locations. Tentative vacancies are as follows, which may undergo revision:
- Remuneration: A Consolidated remuneration of RS. 40,000/- per month will be paid to the Law Research Associate. He/she will not be entitled to any DA/HRA/residential accommodation or any other allowance.
- Duties and functions: Law Research Associate shall function as Research Associate attached to Hon’ble President/Members of NCLT for the purpose of identification, selection, collection and combination of laws, citation and judicial case pronouncements relevant to specific proceedings, sitting in court during hearing of matters by the Tribunal and noting down the arguments, preparing synopsis of the matters listed before the Tribunal, assisting in preparation of draft judgement if asked for. They shall also be responsible for development, storage and speedy retrieval of such material as per requirement and bunching of similar matters.
- Character : The Candidate should have absolute integrity, honesty and good moral character for which he/she will submit certificate of two responsible persons at the time of joining in the respective Bench. He/she should not be involved in any criminal case whether convicted or in which criminal trial is pending.
- Conduct during and after the terms of assignment:
- He/she shall maintain utmost secrecy in respect of matters which come to his/her notice by virtue of the assignment and shall ensure that no information, document or any other thing is leaked out because of mishandling of papers or his/her deliberations with other or in any manner. He/she will not disclose any fact which comes to his/her knowledge on account of such official attachment even after completion of terms of assignment unless such disclosure is legally required in discharge of lawful duties.
- The Law Research Associate will not accept any other assignment during his/her term of engagement as such. He/she shall not practice as an Advocate in any court of Law during the course of assignment as Law Research Associate.
III. He/she will be required to adhere to the dress code.
- He/she will not leave headquarter without seeking permission from the Hon’ble Member Concerned.
- He/she maintain punctuality in attending to his/her duties.
- Since this is a full-time engagement, he/she will not enrol him/her in any regular course of any kind during the period of engagement.
- Period of Contract: The period of contract initially will be for one year, extendable further depending upon the performance and requirement. The maximum period of engagement as Research Associate on contract basis in the NCLT will not exceed three years. Engagement on contractual basis will be subject to satisfactory performance and it can be terminated by the Tribunal, without assigning any reason whatsoever at any time. The Short-term contractual assignment shall not confer any right or claim to any regularization or continuance of service.
- Law They will not be entitled to any kind of regular leave except casual leave on pro-rata basis.
- They wil1 have the option to give up their assignment by giving one month’s advance written notice. However, the President NCLT will have the power to waive the notice period.
- Their working days and working hours shall be same as are applicable to other serving officers and employees of the Tribunal. However, depending upon the need and requirement of the member to whom, they are attached, they will be liable on work beyond office hours and even on Saturdays, Sundays and other holidays without payment of any extra remuneration.
- The interested candidates who are willing to serve in the NCLT may submit their applications by e-mail only at the following e-mail ID: email@example.com. The application should be in the enclosed proforma along with self-attested copies of requisite certificates, in one pdf file. One candidate can apply only for one location.
- Last date for receipt of application is 01.11.2021 .
Application received after last date, incomplete, unsigned and not, on the prescribed format will not be considered.
- Selection would be based on interview which would be conducted on Saturday and Sunday at New Delhi. During the interview questions will be asked on the Companies Act, 2013, Insolvency Bankruptcy Code 2016 & other relevant allied laws. Candidates would also be subjected to tests to evaluate their research skills on Company Law and Corporate Insolvency Law.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in the interview. The NCLT reserves the right to call only shortlisted candidates in the interview or change the selection criteria.
Download Notification : Click Here