News Delhi :- Mumbai Port Authority invites applications from eligible Indian Nationals for following trainees to work on contract basis in Legal Division :
Post :- Trainee ( Legal )
No. of posts :- 18( SC – 1 , ST – 1 & OBC – 4 ) * .
Stipend per month ( Rs.25000 / – per month initially *
In case of non – availability of candidates belonging to reserved categories , the posts will be filled by General candidates .
Eligibility criteria :
- Educational qualifications : Full time degree in Law ( 3 year course or 5 – year course ) ( Final year law students awaiting for results are also eligible to apply , but they will be engaged only after producing their pass certificate . )
- Age Limit : 21 years 30 years Upper age is relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST applicants and 3 years for OBC applicants .
- The crucial date for determining eligibility criteria viz . , educational qualification , age etc. shall be as on 1.7.2022 .
- Only eligible applicants who fulfill the criteria of essential qualification , age , etc. prescribed for respective position shall apply .
- Qualifications mentioned above should be from any of the recognized Indian Universities duly approved by the UGC or any of the recognized Indian Institutes or recognized International Universities .
Role and responsibilities for the above position :
Assisting Chief Law Officer / Dy . CLO / Sr. Law Officer / Law Officer in all legal matters such as –
- Drafting and issuance of Show Cause notices .
- Collection of information for drafting of petition and verification of petitions .
- Maintenance of the records and daily order sheet , recording of proceedings .
Assisting in drafting various types of orders .
- Assistance in recovery of arrears .
Assisting in execution of the orders for receipt of possession o 1 premises .
Any other work entrusted to them from time to time .
- Period of contractual engagement : The contract will be for a period of one year which is extendable by one more year at a time at the discretion of the Port .
Method of selection :
Depending upon the response , the administration reserves the right to conduct written test or interview or both .
This is only a contractual assignment and they will not be eligible for regularization or permanency etc.
The other terms and conditions of the contract are given at Annexure I.
General instructions :
- Self- attested copies of documents / certificates relating to Age / Qualification etc. will have to be submitted along with the application and candidates shall produce the original certificates ( s ) for verification at the time of interview .
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their being found medically fit as per the requirements of the Mumbai Port Authority . Such appointment will also be subject to the service and contract rules of the Mumbai Port Authority .
- Decisions of the Mumbai Port Authority in all matters regarding eligibility , shortlisting and selection shall be final and binding on all candidates . No representation or correspondence will be entertained by the Mumbai Port Authority in this regard .
- Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and / or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mumbai .
- No TA / DA will be paid for appearing in written examination / interview , if called .
- Any update , corrigendum etc. of this advertisement will be displayed in the Port’s website only . Hence , candidates are requested to keep in regular watch on Port’s web www.mumbaiport.gov.in under Media / Vacancy menu.
- Changes if any in the recruitment process will be displayed in this Port’s website and no separate communication will be made to the individual applicant .
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard .
- The Management reserves the rights to cancel or make any changes in the number of vacancies , alteration / additions / deletions of any clause in the Terms and Conditions for any of the position ( s ) in the recruitment process , if need arises , without further notice and without assigning any reasons thereof .The Mumbai Port Authority also reserves the right to cancel the above recruitment exercise at any stage of the process without assigning any reason thereof .
- Application received in incomplete format or after last date / without relevant documents in support of eligibility will not be eligible . Mere submission of CV / Resume for the said post w not be considered .
How to apply :
Interested candidates may submit their application ( s ) in the prescribed format ( Application form ) by :
- Downloading the application format from website www.mumbaiport.gov.in ( Media / Vacancy ‘ menu ) .
- Filling the application format with the required details and declaration .
- The filled in application form along with required documents for determining eligibility is to be sent to the below mentioned address by courier / post before the last date of application i.e. 1.8.2022 by superscribing on the envelope as ” Application for the post of Trainees ( Legal ) on contract basis ” .
- The Secretary , Mumbai Port Authority , General Administration Department , Port House , 2nd Floor , Shoorji Vallabhdas Marg , Ballard Estate , Mumbai 400001 . ⠀
- Merely submitting Resume / CVs and incomplete application will be liable to be rejected .
The last date for receipt of applications will be 1.8.2022 .
SECRETARY MUMBAI PORT AUTHORITY
DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATION :- Click Here0674201029
READ MORE LAW JOBS :- Click Here
Visit Mumbai Port Authority Website :- Click Here
If you are Advocate or Lawyer Read Latest Judgement :- Click Here
If you are Law Aspirants or Judicial Service Aspirants Join Free Test Series :- Click Here
Join Our YouTube Channel :- Click Here